Co-Founder + Program Developer
for the Palm Springs Unified School Distrcit
2016 - 2021
The Public Art Masterclass was led by Palm Springs Public Arts Commission Chair Tracy Merrigan and myself, who educate the Palm Springs High School Art 2 class on what public art is and demonstrate examples from around the world.
Over the course of 3 weeks, the students design their own piece of public art and showcase it at a local art exhibition hosted by the PSPAC, with the goal of fabricating a piece for their campus.
As the Co-Founder and Co-Leader of the program, I was responsible for:
• Conceptualizing projects for students
• Educating students on the new topics
• Purchasing materials
• Engaging them in critiquing their work to further their artistic ideas and concepts
• Organizing an art exhibition off-campus for students to showcase their ideas to the community
• Fundraising money to fund a student sculpture in the future