Founder & Executive Director
The Coachella Valley Art Scene
2008 - 2018
I created The Coachella Valley Art Scene (CVAS) blog to serve as a platform for emerging artists in the Coachella Valley. What started as a hobby blog, quickly grew in popularity and became a thriving business into well-known, multi-faceted, nonprofit organization that enabled me to launch and grow my professional career in the arts at a young age.
. I am proud of what I was able to achieve with little money and a great deal of passion - building something from nothing.
Revenue Generating and Marketing of CVAS Gallery
• Established the CVAS Gallery as a premier event space, booking numerous community and private events on a weekly basis
• Worked with curatorial team to hang exhibits and develop programming to attract audiences to venue
• Produced promotional material and managed all social media entities with over 20,000+ organic followers
Exhibitions and Programs
• Developed programming to increase admissions, awareness, revenue and profit
• Consulted on community festivals such as 111 Music Festival, STREET, 19th Hole Block Party, Poetry Fest
• Produced weekly cultural programs such as Open Mic Nights, Craft Nights, Figure Drawing Nights, Art Shows, Music Events and Yoga Classes
Developed a Membership and Merchandise Program that
solicited new groups of annual donors and monthly members.
Developed a gallery venue rental program to generate income
Built good standing relationships with City officials throughout
Coachella Valley. Worked closely with City of La Quinta, City of
Palm Desert and City of Palm Springs to produce events and
coordinate City marketing efforts.
Promotional video for 111 Music Festival in partnership with Sunline Transit Agency. I developed the concept and my team and I booked over 30+ local bands for this mobile music festival.
Promotional video for STREET Art Festival in partnership with Westfield Shopping Center in Palm Desert. I was a creative consultant that helped to curate the festival for the founding 3 years. I booked all musical and visual artists, as well created an interactive art space and developed all social media marketing material.